"Much of the major growth that is coming to the Church in the last days will come because many of the good women of the world (in whom there is often such an inner sense of spirituality) will be drawn to the Church in large numbers. This will happen to the degree that the women of the Church reflect righteousness and articulateness in their lives and to the degree that the women of the Church are seen as distinct and different--in happy ways--from the women of the world... Thus it will be that female exemplars of the Church will be a significant force in both the numerical and spiritual growth of the Church in the last days" President Spencer W. Kimball

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Family

So it has been a very busy few weeks! Work never ends and when that miracle finally comes to pass it seems there is always something to be done.

Anywhooo, a week ago I participated in a good friends wedding; my best friend from high school to be more specific. It was such a dream! I was very privileged to be involved in such a precious event. The joining of two lives together is something that needs to be commemorated as well as celebrated for sure! and nothing could do that better than a big fat honkin' cake!!! JK, as well as being the go to baker for her wedding cake I was also one of her bridesmaids. Quite an aggressive combination of responsibilities but I made it out alive. The ceremony was so gorgeous and the bride was nothing less than a fairytale come true. Its funny cause seeing so many relationships toying with the idea of marriage, sometimes I feel that in this life there is such a series of events that need to take place to arrive at that actual "point of marriage." Age old statistics like "50% divorce rate" lingering in the background lead to the conclusion that there is no wonder the actual marriage percentage has sunk like a bad souffle. I don't know that the planets aligned and the stars fell from the heavens the night my friend and her husband met, but it seems that that is the prerequisite for this union because it is rare to see a relationship so beautiful.

I have such faith in family. It is one of the only things that we can take with us after this life (auf wiedersehen to "til death do you part," Im speaking about the eternities). No matter what we do we are only given one. This realization has been such a blessing for me the past few months. I didn't get to choose the family I was born into and I have come to believe this is for my benefit. Sometimes we find ourselves disappointed or frustrated with those in our family but it is this love and learning to love that helps us understand the love the Lord has for us. So many times I have belittled myself because of the mistakes I have made, thinking "wow, I have surely disappointed my Heavenly Father." but it is the understanding of His love that helps me to know that though I may not have made the right decision at the time, it will not be held against me. This life is a time for me to move to correct my errors and go forward to choose the right, and the Lord's never changing love is the tool we are blessed with to help me gain my reward in the end: an eternal family.

For all those friends who are married I continue to wish you all the best. As we move away from our born families and continue onto our married families I hope that we can remember the Lord's blessing of having our loved ones with us for all eternity. It may not always be the easiest, best, sweetest, enjoyable, content, blissful time in our life but if we learn to love as the Lord loveth we will gain our eternal reward.

Of course I will have to wait for a few months, 18+ to be exact, and so it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment