"Much of the major growth that is coming to the Church in the last days will come because many of the good women of the world (in whom there is often such an inner sense of spirituality) will be drawn to the Church in large numbers. This will happen to the degree that the women of the Church reflect righteousness and articulateness in their lives and to the degree that the women of the Church are seen as distinct and different--in happy ways--from the women of the world... Thus it will be that female exemplars of the Church will be a significant force in both the numerical and spiritual growth of the Church in the last days" President Spencer W. Kimball

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wie Geht Es Dir?





Sometimes German just sneaks in there. I contacted this guy this week in German. It was so funny because as I approached him saying hello he responded with "Que Paso?" So of course I respond in Spanish only to be met with, "I dont speak Spanish." so then I asked if he spoke English where he said yes, but he had an accent. Of course I asked where he was from and viola! Germany! He was kind of laughing because 1. we were both in the dead center of Harlem, 2. as we shuffled through which language we were going to settle on, German was the choice, and 3. he didn't suspect any of the black people around there spoke his language (he told me it was an unusual surprise. I dont know if that was a complement or a not), anyways it was great!
Enough with that, so this Sunday was another miracle Sunday! It was Fast and Testimony Sunday so that doesn't always make for the best meetings, not that they aren't great but they sometimes aren't the greatest. Anyways remember that new investigator that I was speaking about last week, yeah her sweet spirit bore her testimony and it was the best thing I have ever seen and/or heard. I loved it and so did the ward who have to be the greatest ward in New York! They just support all of our investigators and love them!
Anyways life has been great! Its colder than all get out right now but we luckily have had great appointments to keep us somewhat inside and out of the windy cold. We have just been so blessed! Transfers are next week though and Im getting old in the area so we will see if I will stay or go. OH GOODNESS! Until then, I just love you all, love you love you. Thanks for all of your support and love

No comments:

Post a Comment