"Much of the major growth that is coming to the Church in the last days will come because many of the good women of the world (in whom there is often such an inner sense of spirituality) will be drawn to the Church in large numbers. This will happen to the degree that the women of the Church reflect righteousness and articulateness in their lives and to the degree that the women of the Church are seen as distinct and different--in happy ways--from the women of the world... Thus it will be that female exemplars of the Church will be a significant force in both the numerical and spiritual growth of the Church in the last days" President Spencer W. Kimball

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving


Count your many blessings name them one by one...

Lets be honest, that would take me a lifetime... which I believe is the point. So as we prepare our Thanksgiving feasts tomorrow, let us all remember the most important thing that should be upon the table. Not the turkey of course, but the list of things that we appreciate and love the most. It should drape the table with an appeal that is more filling than the stuffing and mashed potatoes that are always so delicious. The idea of it should make our minds thankful for all the Lord has blessed us with! I adore all of you and am so grateful for all of you being in my life. My list is overwhelming and it makes me happy!

So besides preparing myself mentally and physically (on the mission, preparing for the holidays are strenuous in light of all the generous foods we are invited to eat) for Thanksgiving, I was able to participate in one of the crowning PDay events of the mission today...which means I'm almost dead - weird! A Broadway!!! Yeah, it was so great! I love the The Lion King and was in tears by the end of the opening song...haha! You know how I feel about that Disney magic! It has been way too long. I am floored at all of the amazing talent that graces that stage, it truly was a treat :) Of course when Simba is remembering who he is at the sight of his reflection, some of the greatest words are spoken and songs sung, "He lives in you, he lives in me." I cant help it ya'll, I always feel the Spirit when I watch/see that movie/Broadway. It was amazing!




To wrap this all up because I am surely out of time... don,t forget. Remember why. Remember who you are. And remember the Lord our Savior and all that he has done for you. You will find your table full of reminders :) I just love you all and wish you a happy commencement of the holiday season. Happy Thanksgiving! Love you love you, and so it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment