"Much of the major growth that is coming to the Church in the last days will come because many of the good women of the world (in whom there is often such an inner sense of spirituality) will be drawn to the Church in large numbers. This will happen to the degree that the women of the Church reflect righteousness and articulateness in their lives and to the degree that the women of the Church are seen as distinct and different--in happy ways--from the women of the world... Thus it will be that female exemplars of the Church will be a significant force in both the numerical and spiritual growth of the Church in the last days" President Spencer W. Kimball

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I've Reached The Top of the Ladder...



And now its time to go down the slide!!! Holy cow its been 9 months! The time has absolutely flown by and there has been little time to stop and see what has been going on, so let me take a second...

Today will be my first day in a new area on the east side of Manhattan in the Manhattan 3rd YSA ward (I just cant get enough!). I will be joining Sister Hsieh, pronounced as if you asking someone to be quiet, i.e. "shhh?", who has been over here for about 3 months. We will be possibly be joining a mysterious new Zone the mission has created called Manhattan Central Zone, but that has yet to be determined. All in all though, I am super excited!

It was so sad to let go of Sister Fuimaono today though. We celebrated "210 Days of Fui and Coleman" this morning as we prepared my old desk for her new greenie that arrived yesterday from the MTC, sad day! Along with Sister Babb who is preparing for her flight in the morning back to Washington, I have "lost" everything bahhhhh hah hahahhh! and yet have gained so much.

I am sure these next 9 months will be so great. In fact, I have no doubt about it! The Lord has blessed me already so much, I could only imagine how much more is lying in wait. We shall see though, and so it is...

1 comment:

  1. Love reading your blog. I can't believe you have been out for so long. Are people talking about the "Book of Mormon" musical non-stop to you?

    ReplyDelete