"Much of the major growth that is coming to the Church in the last days will come because many of the good women of the world (in whom there is often such an inner sense of spirituality) will be drawn to the Church in large numbers. This will happen to the degree that the women of the Church reflect righteousness and articulateness in their lives and to the degree that the women of the Church are seen as distinct and different--in happy ways--from the women of the world... Thus it will be that female exemplars of the Church will be a significant force in both the numerical and spiritual growth of the Church in the last days" President Spencer W. Kimball

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

So Hot in Non-Pros




I never thought I would say this but as we left the house in non-proselyting clothes today, heading out for PDay festivities in the Park I actually thought, "I would rather be in a skirt!!!" I don't know how people do it. How do they live in this ridiculously outrageous weather?! It is either freezing cold or blazing hot! I don't know how its all going to work out, haha! Just pray for me I suppose :) New York is a lovely place but it could definitely use some better weather.

Anyways, I feel like that is all I ever talk about...so let me get on a few other things.

This past week was a good one, beginning with last PDay we have had a marathon of amazing adventures. First, I have a confession to make, you didn't hear much from me last week because we went to a Yankees game, eke!!! I know! I feel like such a traitor. My beloved Angels, please dont think I have turned over to the Dark side. If it makes anyone feel better, I think I only had fun because I was with all of the wonderful missionaries in my district and area. Other than that, it would have been the worst! I promise (fingers crossed). It was the Yankees vs. Blue Jays and the Yankees brought home the win. It was very hot but our seats were in the shade, such a great time. You could see many areas of the stadium where there were whiteouts, aka rows of missionaries sitting together. It was quite the sight, so funny!

Moving right along, we have had the opportunity to teach some great new investigators! One was found contacting on the street, which is always a great surprise and the other took a Mormonism class at Columbia University and 2 years later felt a desire to stop by the Lincoln Square chapel to find missionaries! Its always nice when an investigator can recite the 8th Article of Faith, haha! Yeah that happened. It has been such a privilege. The more and more I go forward with this work I realize that this has nothing to do with me. I know that we have all been called so that the message can come out of our mouth for specific people ( I have no doubt about that knowledge) but I know that the Lord has gone before me to prepare the way of people I will come into contact with. I am nothing more than a conduit of the Spirit who is the ultimate teacher. I find that more and more as I study the scriptures and as I teach others the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Some other amazing things I have discovered in my study this week is the importance of the Sacrament. It is so funny to see people's reaction when we explain how simply going to church can change their life. Most respond with "I have been to church." Its true. But when we understand what it is that we are doing when we are at church it can change our life. I was thinking about the power of the Sacrament table. How much we rely on it. How we can bring all that we have to this very table and feel as though we have been baptized again. The bread and water is so symbolic and important, representing the flesh and blood of the Savior. This holy sacrifice was in effort to redeem us from death and sin. The Atonement and Resurrection were performed to see Heavenly Father's plan through, "to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man (Moses 1:39)." This chain of thought lead me to the knowledge that every time we partake of the sacrament we are participating in God's plan, wow! Anyways, I'm babbling.

Its been a great week! I love this work. The Trifecta continues and it's great! I am so happy to be here in New York! I love all of you and thank you for your support. Sister Babb has helped me to see that there is not much time left, I better get to work! Well, I love you love you, and so it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment