"Much of the major growth that is coming to the Church in the last days will come because many of the good women of the world (in whom there is often such an inner sense of spirituality) will be drawn to the Church in large numbers. This will happen to the degree that the women of the Church reflect righteousness and articulateness in their lives and to the degree that the women of the Church are seen as distinct and different--in happy ways--from the women of the world... Thus it will be that female exemplars of the Church will be a significant force in both the numerical and spiritual growth of the Church in the last days" President Spencer W. Kimball

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Holy Cow!

So my last phone call home was a few days ago and let me just tell you that it was the best present ever hearing all of your beautiful voices! I am so thankful for you all. It genuinely was the best Christmas ever :)

So after hearing all of the updates on everyone's life, let me just say that life does indeed carry on without you when you are serving a mission but though that may be true talking with all of you helped me realize that we will pick up right where we left off. I, as all of you, have just taken the very personal path that we have all have decided to take. Each day making a decision that will bring one foot in front of the other in whatever of life's endeavors that we fancy to participate in. What an item this "agency" is, haha! I just love it.

The new year is only a couple of days away and I'm positive it will bring new and exciting adventures to us all. For example, I will be coming home soon! OH WOW! Of course this was the common item on everyone's lips as we chatted about life and the mission. Who would have thought this time would actually come?! So to clear the air on this subject, I will be home in April-the13th to be exact-and it will come faster than ever, so spare me on the details of the countdown...it will creep up on me whether I like it or not :) California is where I will be returning to, even though the Lakers are making everyone upset, it's still where I want to be, haha!

I love it though, a new year and a new opportunity to see what life has to offer. As New Years comes, I continue to contemplate the life I want to live, both on and off the mission. I have seen so many amazing miracles and workings of the Lord since I have been here in New York and it would be ridiculous for me to say that there wont be a new Ash coming off that plane. These next few months will be a time for me to sprint to the finish line! Leaving all cares behind and knowing that I have so much to do before I can feel this work, at this time, is complete. Again I say holy cow! It will be a riot.

Anyways folks, I love all of you and am thankful for all the amazing cards and gifts that I received. I am thankful for a great year serving the Lord and I am happy and anxious for this upcoming year. Thank you for all the support and love. Happy New Year, and so it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment