"Much of the major growth that is coming to the Church in the last days will come because many of the good women of the world (in whom there is often such an inner sense of spirituality) will be drawn to the Church in large numbers. This will happen to the degree that the women of the Church reflect righteousness and articulateness in their lives and to the degree that the women of the Church are seen as distinct and different--in happy ways--from the women of the world... Thus it will be that female exemplars of the Church will be a significant force in both the numerical and spiritual growth of the Church in the last days" President Spencer W. Kimball

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Hello Lovers and Friends,

It appears Christmas is here (well not really, there is no snow blanketing the ground around here which leaves me a bit confused), nonetheless its Christmas on the calendar so lets celebrate!

The week has been a busy one and we are back to warp speed so it seems like only yesterday that I was emailing. But the week has brought some great surprises and amazing experiences. The crowning event being the baptism of a great man we have been teaching here for just over a month! It was so amazing to see the scriptures come to life once more when it is realized that the Lord has prepared a way for us to accomplish the work we are called to do. People are prepared and the Gospel continues to fill the lives of those who don't really realize it but are genuinely lacking "something." This something is a nourishment that only the Spirit can provide.

As I have been training this amazing new missionary straight from the MTC I have been blessed to remember what it is like to be a greenie again. My now slow and broke-down body cannot contest with the vibrancy and energy that comes from a newly set apart missionary, but my hunger still continues in light of the Spirit and the work. It is something that never grows old, again that nourishment of the Spirit. President Smith responded the other day when asked by a fellow missionary what we can do when we feel too tired to work, "I work through it," he said, followed by a whimper of a sigh. That is it. We work through it, and I have been putting this to the test the last couple of weeks! I honestly wake up and don't know how I am going to get out of bed and then I think of those words-which had to have been inspired-and I "work through it".

Such an amazing experience. Each time I notice that after I have made the decision to do it, it works out. I am filled with enough energy to do the things that are necessary for the day, followed by coming home and "crashing" in my bed. I thought I slept hard in the beginning of the mission, oh heavens... I didn't know sleep like I know it now. But it doesn't matter, in a couple of days I will wake up and it will be Christmas!!!! I'm so excited :) We have been heavy in the scriptures-The Green One (is what I call Sister Maldarizzi) and I-running through an exercise I call the "Atonement Kick". Christmas is no better a time as any to remember the Lord's infinite atonement and the gift of a life that was given. What a gift! I marvel that every year we are reminded of the birth of the Savior and all that he stands for, which is everything! In 2 Nephi 31:21 we are told that "there is no other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved..." Truth. Jesus was given as a gift to all of us so that we can remain happy as families for all eternity, so that we can make our burdens light and so that we can live with our Father in heaven once again. I love it!

I love this gospel. It truly fills my life with all the joy that life has to offer. I am thankful for this experience and for the Spirit that accompanies me and shows me the way. I am thankful for that faith to leave my family and friends for a time to "be about my Father's business," and I am thankful for all of you! Jesus is the Christ, Joseph Smith is the prophet of the Restoration, there is a living prophet today, and I'm a Mormon, haha! I love you love you! Merry Christmas, and so it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment