"Much of the major growth that is coming to the Church in the last days will come because many of the good women of the world (in whom there is often such an inner sense of spirituality) will be drawn to the Church in large numbers. This will happen to the degree that the women of the Church reflect righteousness and articulateness in their lives and to the degree that the women of the Church are seen as distinct and different--in happy ways--from the women of the world... Thus it will be that female exemplars of the Church will be a significant force in both the numerical and spiritual growth of the Church in the last days" President Spencer W. Kimball

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Once Around The Sun

It just dawned on me that any day after today I will be home on your next year's calendar! That's nuts! The next time I use the phrase "once around the sun" will be when I have taken that trip in New York, and will only have six months remaining. Oh wow!

So whats been going on huh?!

Well, I finished the Book of Mormon right on cue and will be beginning it again tomorrow. I always gain such a respect for the scriptures when I conclude my reading. I have found that those mysteries that are spoken about begin to unfold with the desire and will of searching through them for answers. I also have accomplished carrying my large print quad with me everyday since I have been out, without even a whimper of wishing I bought smaller ones, haha! I mostly threw that little bit of information in to let everyone know that it can be done :) anyways...

I have had two companions, one being my trainer, Sister Child who has now finished her mission and has returned home (we were together one cycle), and the other is Sister Fuimaono, who I have been with since. They have just added to my friend pool and I know that I will love and cherish them putting up with me everyday all day, for the rest of my existence.

I have been in the Harlem 3 Young Single Adult (YSA) Ward for all of my mission life! Honestly, the best thing ever! I love the work here in Harlem and I am so lucky to be serving in such an amazing place! I have made beaucoup friends and have met people that wouldn't have been possible anywhere else. It has been a great opportunity!

I have lived in a 2 bedroom apartment on the 17th floor with 6 sisters total and have loved every second, every mouse, every roach, every long strand of fill-in-the-sister's hair on my coat of it and wouldn't change a thing.

I have had the opportunity to learn, teach and grow in all ways (and yeah, it has been delicious!) Haha! My shoe bottoms are disappearing faster than I have ever seen and I truly know what it means to be tired.

Anyways, along with many other things that have been going on, I have ultimately learned that there is no other way I could have had these experiences except by this coming out to serve the Lord. I just love it and appreciate every moment! Thanks for coming along for the ride! I just love you love you! And so it is...

1 comment:

  1. just found your blog. had no idea you're on a mission! i'm glad you're enjoying it :)

    ReplyDelete