"Much of the major growth that is coming to the Church in the last days will come because many of the good women of the world (in whom there is often such an inner sense of spirituality) will be drawn to the Church in large numbers. This will happen to the degree that the women of the Church reflect righteousness and articulateness in their lives and to the degree that the women of the Church are seen as distinct and different--in happy ways--from the women of the world... Thus it will be that female exemplars of the Church will be a significant force in both the numerical and spiritual growth of the Church in the last days" President Spencer W. Kimball

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Oh Another Week

This week has been a good week! The weather has been wacky pants and there is no other way of explaining it. One day it is so hot you cant bear to be outside and the next is so cold you wouldn't dare go outside! Haha, either way we were going out so it really didn't even matter. Nonetheless, today it is nice, cloudy and foggy but cool.

There hasn't really been too much action going on around here besides the baptism of Darold (I act like it wasn't a big deal!). He has been meeting with us for just about four months now and has decided to take the plunge, haha! I have to say that is was not the easiest decision for him to make but I believe his expression after being confirmed on Sunday was "I feel wonderful Sisters!" It has been such an exciting journey thus far with him and it is so great to see him exercise his faith even into the waters of baptism. I wish everyone could have been at his service. We had such remarkable talents speaking and singing praises to our Savior. Such a great day it was to be baptized, commencing the final week of the Saviors earthly reign: Lazareth Saturday. When Darold approached us with his baptismal date 3 weeks ago he said, "It has to be the 16th Sisters. I don't know, there is just something special about that date." And he is so right.

As Easter approaches and the celebration begins with eggs, bunnies and candy, I can't help but remember all the reason why I carry the name Jesus Christ on my name tag. It is by him that I have this wonderful message to share with all of those who are willing to listen and exercise faith. It is because of him that I know that through the walks of life that I will have him as my redeemer after all that I can do. And it is also by him that I know that there is no other way. So as the Easter celebrations start, remember why it is this day that we are.

Other than that mission life is serving me well. This last week Sister Fui and I went and ate Trinidadian food...I say this for no other reason than I had curried goat (Marilyn!!! Haha!) It was so good! I love being able to find any and every kind of food that I desire on this one little island; another testimony to why I was called here and no place else...man, the Lord just knows me too well.

We continue to do the work and move forward with our calling. Sister Fuimaono and I are just so grateful to be out here serving together. I ask her everyday if she is tired of me yet and the answer is still no, it's gonna be a sad day when we are no longer companions. Anyways until then we are having a great time! The weather is warming up and more and more people are out on the street. You know what that means right?!? Haha! Ya'll just know me too well. I just love you all and appreciate your love and encouragement. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment