"Much of the major growth that is coming to the Church in the last days will come because many of the good women of the world (in whom there is often such an inner sense of spirituality) will be drawn to the Church in large numbers. This will happen to the degree that the women of the Church reflect righteousness and articulateness in their lives and to the degree that the women of the Church are seen as distinct and different--in happy ways--from the women of the world... Thus it will be that female exemplars of the Church will be a significant force in both the numerical and spiritual growth of the Church in the last days" President Spencer W. Kimball

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Conference Weekend

So Friday afternoon arrives and I am shocked! The week has flown by so fast and yet each day feels like a week. I am sorry to keep saying this but they say it right when you arrive here, "the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days." The MTC is such a marvelous place in many ways. I have has such a great time getting to know my companions as well as many other great sisters and elders from all over the world. Get this, a sister from Pakistan arrived this last Wednesday!!! Yeah, I didnt know there was a mission there either or that the Gospel was opened up in that area of the world. I guess they only have service missions there and those who want the Gospel are welcome to join but there is no prostlyting. Another sister on my residence floor is from Jordan, and there are elders opening up the Greece mission again. Its crazy, the work is fully on its way, Heavens its so neat to be a part of this.
I have made such good friends here. We are in such a condensed state of mind. I feel like I have known all of these people for ages now! They are such good people and I am grateful to be here with them. As far as New York goes I am the only English speaking sister leaving to the mission this transfer. Its wacky! There are 2 elders that are going with me and they are so stinking hilarious! Elder Dozier, from Mesa, AZ and Elder Beswick from Boise, ID; I cant even count the times we have sat around and laughed at ridiculous things...all inclusive Jay Z and Sasha Fierce, the Bronx and TriBeca, and Yankees games...man this is gonna be unreal! Its hard to explain and its hard to think that next week this time I will be packing my bags for the Big Apple. On Wednesday next week I will find myself on an early flight to the East Coast...a place this "West coast 4 life girl" has only seen a few times.
Anyways, this past weekend was such a treat! Conference blew my mind and being here at the MTC just made it that much more enjoyable (besides the fact that I was not in pj's or on a couch somewhere. Also no Sunday Mid-Session Breakfast!!!) Its ok though, the experience I wouldnt trade for anything in the world. I have to admit I shed a few tears as the congregation said Amen to prayers expressing their thanks and blessings on the missionaries. I sit back and think, "wow! thats me!!" It was such a humbling experience.
A few of my favs were those talks by Elder Ballard, Elder Holland, Elder Lawrence and of course President Monson. Pres. Monson always puts things in crazy perspective. I have to say that his talk on gratitude just took my breath away. I love this man and all that he does. He truly is a servant of the Lord! I am thankful for that knowledge.
Anyway, times up! I will tty next Tuesday, aka P Day for n

No comments:

Post a Comment