"Much of the major growth that is coming to the Church in the last days will come because many of the good women of the world (in whom there is often such an inner sense of spirituality) will be drawn to the Church in large numbers. This will happen to the degree that the women of the Church reflect righteousness and articulateness in their lives and to the degree that the women of the Church are seen as distinct and different--in happy ways--from the women of the world... Thus it will be that female exemplars of the Church will be a significant force in both the numerical and spiritual growth of the Church in the last days" President Spencer W. Kimball

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Last Week In the MTC, WAYooooHHH!

I can't believe this is my last day in the MTC. I cant say enough how fast it has flown. I feel like I have been here for months, but it has only felt like days...too weird. I guess I'll consider it a blessing :) So the itinerary is in and I fly out tomorrow morning around 8:45 am. There is no time to waste I tell you, it is amazing what you can get done before people even consider getting out of bed. This morning for example... I look at my watch and 4 hours have already flown by since waking. Im packed, fed (physically and spiritually - studied and went to the temple this morning), played a couple of departing pranks on our resident sisters and am now about to finish up my laundry and get the day started. Haha, its too weird.
So this last week was another incredible time. It feels like Conference everyday!! The sister from Jordan I mentioned last week spoke for us on her conversion story. It was the most amazing, inspiring thing I have ever heard. So since she lives in a country where prostelyting is illegal the Church is just there with missionaries who inform people who are interested. So she and her brother were walking around town one day and they found a piece of paper on the floor that was a ripped off piece of a note. The paper only included a number and partial name. She said her and her brother were really curious for some odd reason as to who the number belonged to so she called. The guy on the other end answered in English, "You've reached the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, how can I help you?" He brother didnt speak english so he handed the phone to her in a quick hurry and told her to talk to him. The conversation led to an invitation to come to a branch that was only about 13 members strong, 5 I think being missionaries. And of course the rest is history. That was such an inspiring story. Her and her brother are now serving missions for the Church representing their country, she being the first sister missionary from Jordan.
This place is so awesome, you meet people from EVERYWHERE! You also experience some of the greatest examples of the Spirit testifying to you everyday. So a couple of nights ago I was in my bed, thinking of a quote I had heard when I was in high school. I was so sad because I couldnt remember how the entire quote went or who said it, all I could remember is that I loved it and I wanted it for my quote book ;) so I said a little prayer about it. Jump to yesterday, I am in my class and we are saying goodbye to some of the teachers and missionaries in our district. One of the teachers we saw pass by who we really wanted to say bye to. Though he was already dressed in his street clothes and was heading out the door he stopped and came over anyway. I asked him real fast, "Bro. Beshesti, what are some last words of advice?" and what did he say???..." well, I dont have any words of advice but I have a quote." Oh My!!!! I pretty much jumped out of my seat as he recited from memory the quote that I was inquiring about just the night before. That was amazing!!! The Lord loves me, haha! Its little moments like these that testify to us everyday of the gift we have.
Sometimes we may not know it but we are all channels for the Spirit. I have discovered in my time here that some people come to play investigators and help with the training missionaries because they have real life questions, concerns and prayers that need to be answered. It has been amazing the times that I have had the opportunity to be that channel for their needs. I cant say enough how real the Spirit of the Lord is and how He testifies to me everyday that this work is real. I have such a strong testimony of this work. I know that God lives and loves each and every one of us. It is so sincere. He love me, as he does you. I love all of you. Since this is my last day at the MTC switch to the NY address, I will have more time once im there to write you all back.
I love you all, New York is gonna be the best!...PS, maybe I fell asleep kneeling in companion prayer the other night. Those who know me know that that is a hard thing to do because I am not the easiest sleeper. My companions let me sit there for a while before their laughter woke me up! What can I say, Im tired, but have never been more happy in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment