"Much of the major growth that is coming to the Church in the last days will come because many of the good women of the world (in whom there is often such an inner sense of spirituality) will be drawn to the Church in large numbers. This will happen to the degree that the women of the Church reflect righteousness and articulateness in their lives and to the degree that the women of the Church are seen as distinct and different--in happy ways--from the women of the world... Thus it will be that female exemplars of the Church will be a significant force in both the numerical and spiritual growth of the Church in the last days" President Spencer W. Kimball

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Hello from Provo MTC

Hello!!!
I am alive and well here at the MTC! It has been the most ridiculous week of my life and that is an understatement! Wednesday was such an incredible day. Jenni Jones came through of course (as she always does) and helped me get all of my last ends tied up. She is such a champion! I had a great family of friends with me as I parted ways with the world at the Provo Temple parking lot. The Hansen Family, Bryce Romney, JG, JJ, Trent, Corey, Dave and Zac were all there to wish me well. So great,t hanks guys!
It is so funny to see the different hello and goodbyes that go on at the "strip" as you see Usher Elders waiting to take your bags and see you to the assembly line that begins the most amazing adventure of your life. Unbeknownst to me my companion arrived right behind me and as we made our way up to our room we realized that we would be companions for the next 3 weeks. She is so sweet. Sister Benson is her name and she is from Vernal, UT. Later in the day after receiving our little missionary tags and taking our picture, we were asked to wait in our classroom for our third companion!!! Yup, Im in a tripanionship, haha!! Its one of the greatest things though. The third is Sister Stephenson from W. Jordan, UT. She is awesome!! So darling, lacross player so she's hardcore. It took some getting used to the first couple of days. Being awake FOREVER and having 2 girls attached to your side at all times. It was absolutely odd to me, but I have grown to love it! Its strange when they are not around which has happened a couple of times when we have meetings and such. I almost get freaked!!
The MTC is the most amazing place I have ever been. It is honestly comparable to the temple! The Spirit here is unreal! We have learned so much in the small amount of time that I have been here and I know that these next couple of weeks will be even better. I have such a love for the Savior and for all that He has done for me to arrive at this wonderful time in my life. I know that the call I received was especially for me and that the work I will do there, no one else will be able to complete it because it is solely for me. Thank you everyone for your support!!! Talk to you next Tuesday...unless you DearElder me, we get those everyday! :) Love you lots!!!!

1 comment: