"Much of the major growth that is coming to the Church in the last days will come because many of the good women of the world (in whom there is often such an inner sense of spirituality) will be drawn to the Church in large numbers. This will happen to the degree that the women of the Church reflect righteousness and articulateness in their lives and to the degree that the women of the Church are seen as distinct and different--in happy ways--from the women of the world... Thus it will be that female exemplars of the Church will be a significant force in both the numerical and spiritual growth of the Church in the last days" President Spencer W. Kimball

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Hello Hello!!





Because Im terribly impatient Im going to talk about the most exciting parts of my week first...
If any of you know New York then you know that the New York Marathon was this past weekend. I say that it was one of the most exciting parts of my week because if you could only feel the love that was present there, you would agree that there was no other place to be than with all of those amazing brothers and sisters that were running for various causes. After church that day my companion and I, on the way home, passed the 21st mile mark and couldn't help but stay there and cheer on the runners that were running on their last leg (no pun intended, haha). It was a moment of inspiration and desire for me, encouraging me to give all of my efforts for this cause that I am out here working for. Each mile is a step closer to the end but the end is not the satisfaction. The satisfaction is in knowing that the steps leading up to that moment, crossing the finish line, were for the cause of standing for something dear and close to my heart. I guess as in the mission, life could be portrayed in the same sense. We have so many miles in this life, some may be a full marathon, some may be a half or even 5k, the bottom line is whatever the distance the integrity that we have along the way and the endurance that we embrace is what is going to make the end worth the struggle. Here's another thing, as I watched the people in the marathon (PS, people came from all over! Even Germany, Austria and Switzerland, yay!!! and yes I did speak with them in German), they all went at their own ability towards the finish line. It is not a race, it is a test of strength, endurance and will both mentally and physically, many would even say spiritually...such is life. Never have I had more fun or been more enthused than I had on Sunday, seeing the people realize that you were cheering for them in their own individual race. It was amazing!
Another great moment this week was meeting with one of our investigators. Its funny the way the Lord works sometimes. You have to just throw up your hands and say "I surrender" even though there is a plan. Case and point: For the last few Saturdays we have been meeting with this young man Kevin. He is a complete Theorist. He loves sayings and theories to life and he could speak in psalms all day if you would let him. So this Saturday we were planning on meeting with him around 1. As the hour was appoaching and we were preparing to leave to the appointment, Sister Child and I both looked at each other and were like "we need to meet up later." One major reason for this was that we wanted to watch The Restoration with him, and we needed the TV at the ward building to do it later in the day. So just as we were grabbing our phone to call him, we looked and he had actually called. His message was expressing how he needed to meet later in the day than we usually do. Booyah!! Anyways, long story short, he had agreed to not only watch the movie at the ward but to also come to a baptism that was going on in the building after the lesson. The look on his face and the joy in his heart when we were singing the hymns is indescribable. I just love moments like these. It was surely a time to sit and think about my own baptism and the joy I felt when I could feel the Spirit as a blanket over me.
And so the week goes, one of the hardest but amazing weeks all in one. Leave it to the mission to send you through an emotional rollercoaster like you've never felt in your life. I guess its what comes with the deal. The Lord stretches you in ways you would never imagine but all with the knowledge that whatever is coming your way you can handle. But jokes on everyone, not alone but with His help. I love you all and am so glad that I have you all as such great support. It really makes my day to see that you have left me messages, send me letters and love me love me! Love you lots...off to the Bronx Zoo and Botanical Gardens, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment