"Much of the major growth that is coming to the Church in the last days will come because many of the good women of the world (in whom there is often such an inner sense of spirituality) will be drawn to the Church in large numbers. This will happen to the degree that the women of the Church reflect righteousness and articulateness in their lives and to the degree that the women of the Church are seen as distinct and different--in happy ways--from the women of the world... Thus it will be that female exemplars of the Church will be a significant force in both the numerical and spiritual growth of the Church in the last days" President Spencer W. Kimball

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

This is NO Big Love episode

Guess where Im emailing from right now???? Julliard!!! Crazy! Of course it is the lovely PDay. Our plans are we're going to Central Park to play in the beautiful fall leaves before business time later this afternoon. I absolutely love this city. It is getting brisk outside with a high of 38 degress and man do I love it. Its like the movies everywhere you go, SWEATER WEATHER!!!
There is just so many people to meet and things to do. Like I have said in my last few letters, the area we are in is such a broad area to cover. It is so strange though because we are in a YSA ward and seek out only those between the ages of 18-31. Sometimes I feel like we are stocking people because we just sit back and stare with an eagle eye and before anyone knows what is happening we are talking to the next available young adult that comes our way. It has been quite the experience this week. I would like to say that it was mostly dedicated to teaching first and second lessons and baptizing but it hasn't. To our suprise we have been defusing fires of crazy rumors that go around about the Church. It is amazing that in a city this big and diverse people still allow media to do the homework for them. I guess that is anywhere though.
We have had such a great time though getting to know the city and its youth. We have had some really random lessons and they take place where you would least expect, case and point, on the steps of The Cathedral School. Either way, inspiration comes where it may and there are people to teach everywhere, love it!
One thing also that I really love is the study time that I have each day! The scriptures have such a ridiculous amount of knowledge in them and whatever you are inquiring about you will find the answers there. I have had a greater amount of time this week because my companion has been a bit sick but it has been the best time ever! I never really thought I would be getting so much enjoyment out of reading bouts of religious history but shame on me! There is so much to learn and the scriptures truly testify of the love the Savior has for us. I am so thankful for the time I have to study each day, it just better prepares me for the next "unsuspecting" person I am to teach, haha!
Anyways, Im starting to feel the missionary schedule real strong these days. It feels like a whirlwind of things that happen each week that you really just dont know what to talk about. One thing I will quickly tell you about is my Spanish experiences this week. I have been doing language study each day and boy does it really get in there. I will study flashcards that I prepare for myself, speak with my companion who is actually a Spanish speaking sister and listen carefully to the people around me. I actually went contacting in Spanish on Friday, its a bit crazy. I often cant sleep because my brain is too busy conjugating Spanish verbs or formulating sentences. Its so wacky, hahaha! But I absolutely love it! I understand more and more each day and Im convinced its just a fallacy, but then Spanish speakers ask me questions or they say something about me and dont know that I am listening and I respond....whoa, too weird. Anyways, super lame but I love it. The work and the blessings of the Lord are real. I cant get enough of it. I am enjoying myself too much in this work that I have a hard time saying its even work at all. I know this is where Im supposed to be. The Lord just knows me too well cause he has prepared the way especially for me. I love you all and wish you well this week. Until next time, Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment